- July 1, 2013 Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital's Level III-A neonatal intensive care unit celebrated 15 years of service to Rutherford County families
- Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital and partner organizations served more than 200 underserved residents during the Saint Thomas Health Medical Mission at Home event in June 2013
- The Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital Foundation was honored nationally with the Sister Mary Walter Boyle Excellence in Philanthropy Award from Ascension Health in May 2013. The Foundation was honored for its work on the "A Time to Build Up," campaign that raised $20 million for the new hospital facility.
- Received accreditation from The Join Commission in Feb. 2013 for demonstrating the highest standards for quality and safety in the delivery of health care
- Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital has been recognized as a gold level status partner in the American Red Cross Tennessee Valley Region's Champions for Life campaign.
- In June 2012 the hospital was recognized with an "A" Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
- Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital's stroke care program was awarded re-certification in Feb. 2012 by The Joint Commission by earning the Gold Seal of Approval.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- The Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital laboratory received accreditation from the College of American Pathologists, whose accreditation program is recognized by the federal government as being equal to or more stringent than the government's own inspection program.
- Saint Thomas Rutheford Hospital is one of the first facilities in Middle Tennessee to receive a three-year, full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.